dita-machine-industry message

Subject: [dita-machine-industry] summary of the meeting today

Dear Subcommittee Member and DITA Friends

We did not have an official meeting today but I still would like to inform
you about our discussion.

1. We will skip the next two meetings, the 23rd of December meeting as it is
in the Christmas week and a couple of team member are already on vacation on
the 23rd. And the 6th of January meeting as it is a public holiday in some
countries.

So our next meeting will be on the 20th of January 2009.

2. We compared today the content model of S1000D regarding quantities and
tolerances with the Technical Data proposal from Wolfgang Ziegler. The
findings are:
Both content models are covering the identical issues and all elements or
attributes can be mapped to each other.
The proposed content model of the MI10 Technical Data Proposal uses mainly
elements, the S1000D content model uses just a few elements but in
combination with attributes.
The team has an tendency to go with the S1000D content model, but under
consideration that the requrements mentioned by the MI10 Technical Data
Proposal can be fulfilled.

I would like to thank all of you for your contribution and support this year
for the DITA Machine Industry activity.

Best regards and I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Hope hearing you all again on the 20th of January 2009 at 6pm CET / 9am PT

Chris

SeicoDyne GmbH
Eichenstrasse 16
CH-6015 Reussbühl
Switzerland
Tel: +41 41 534 66 97
Mob: +41 78 790 66 97
Skype: seicodyne

www.seicodyne.com
christian.kravogel@seicodyne.com

Member of the DITA Technical Committee
Chairman of the DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee