dita-machine-industry message

Subject: RE: [dita-machine-industry] AW: Architectual Specs

Check out Page 6.

Robin

From: Christian Kravogel [mailto:christian.kravogel@seicodyne.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:08 PM
To: 'Gershon Joseph (gerjosep)'
Cc: dita-machine-industry@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita-machine-industry] AW: Architectual Specs

Hello Gershon

We just discussed on our meeting the proposed idea "Then each specialization would have a separate spec, which would consist of the lang spec and, where relevant, the arch spec."

We have some further questions to it.

The DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee has developed for DITA 1.2 the hazard statements domain and the task requirements domain. During the packaging discussions in the TC, it was decided to move the hazard statement domain into the base folder and the task requirements domain into the technical content folder. Plus a machineryTask.dtd with a machineryTaskbodyConstraint.mod file into the machineryIndustry folder.

Regarding a separate spec for each specialization, what does that means to our work.

Do we have to write a machineindustry related spec containing architectual and langref information for the hazardstatements, taskrequirements and machinerytask

or

do we have to create 3 different specs?

or

is there something else expected from us?

In our point of view we just need a good guidance for users who would like to use these domains, regardless if they are from the machinery industry or not.

Looking forward hearing from you

Best regards

Chris

SeicoDyne GmbH

Eichenstrasse 16

CH-6015 Reussbühl

Switzerland

Tel: +41 41 534 66 97

Mob: +41 78 790 66 97

Skype: seicodyne

Member of the DITA Technical Committee

Chairman of the DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee