dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Strings and styling for Machinery elements

Hello all,

I have received a request from the DITA Adoption TC to define strings and styles for Machinery-related elements in DUTA 1.2. This includes the hazard statement and the task requirements (as these are the ones that were added for the Machine Industry specialization).

For the hazard statement elements, there is the ANSI Z535.4 standard which should be followed. For task requirements, there is nothing specific yet.

What I want to do is gather input from all of you on what the various elements should look like (including some fixed strings as prefixes or suffixes). I can combine the input to a recommendation for the DITA Adoption TC, who will then get some techies to implement them in the next release of the DITA-OT.

If you have best practices for strings and styling of machinery elements, please make a PDF available to this SC, so that we can discuss them and come to a recommendations document.

Thanks in advance for your input. Please use the mailing list for this as much as possible.

Kind regards from Amsterdam

Jang