dita-machine-industry message

Subject: Deadlines for DITA 1.3: Heads up to subcommittees

At this last week's TC meeting, I suggested that we might need to impose
strict deadlines for DITA 1.3 proposals if we want to have a thin chance
of getting DITA 1.3 out in December 2014.

I am thinking of an August 1 deadline by which all proposals must have
had stage-2 proposals completed AND approved, and a December 1 deadline
by which all proposals intended for DITA 1.3 must be completed. We will
have a sign-up list so as to schedule proposals for discussion and vote,
as we cannot have all stage-2 proposals submitted at the end of July.

FYI -- We will hold hard to the same quality standards that we have been
demanding of proposals so far.

I know that all three of your subcommittees -- Help, Technical Content,
and Machine Industry -- are contemplating proposals which have not yet
passed the stage-2 hurdle. If you do not want to defer to a future
release, you might need to accelerate your progress.

Think about this, and I'll get back to you with firm deadlines next week.
--
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)