dita-s1000d-discuss message

Subject: RE: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Kicking off the New Year

Sorry Scott, S1000D IS topic-based and DOES provide flexibility to communicate procedural data! This must have been something missed by some of the audience at last year's S1000D User's Forum.

From: Scott Abel [mailto:abelsp@netdirect.net]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 8:19 AM
To: Chet Ensign
Cc: Tsao, Scott; Scott Hudson; dita-s1000d-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

The business need (IMHO) is easy. S1000D is not topic-based and fails to provide the flexibility needed to communicate procedural information. And, it lacks specialization. To me, it's a no brainer. Put them both together and use S1000D to guide the creation of content it was designed to create and the same for DITA.

I will share with the list what I learn at the upcoming Documentation and Training Conference where this topic is a presentation from a company that is already using both standards to create their content.

Scott Abel
The Content Wrangler, Inc.
6178 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220 USA
+1 317-466-1840
skype: abelsp

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: THE USER EXPERIENCE
APR 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC