dita-sidsc message

Subject: Comments on Specializations

Here are the comments I presented at today's meeting on the component
specializations:

- Why "lines" for valueitem? Seems like dl would be more appropriate.

- Each topic type should be its own module and then composed using shell
DTD

- Will need to create domain(s) for elements common across the different
topic types

- Specializing from simpletable directly for things like field
descriptions may make more sense than using property

- I think the elementref specialization is an appropriate model--it uses
specializations of simple table.

- Use the specentry= attribute to define the default labels for
specializations of propvalue or stentry

- It might make sense to define an intermediate specialization of
simpletable called "property-table"
that is then the base for all SC-specific tables, so that it's clear
these are all describing properties and
are not just arbitrary tables. That would also enable generic processing
specific to property tables as
well as generic retrieval (e.g., "find property with name 'x'" which
would be implemented as a search for
properties in property tables by specentry= value and would therefore
ignore all other simple tables.

Cheers,

Eliot
--