dita-sidsc message

Subject: RE: Why can't I subscribe for updates on the wiki?

Mary;

If there are plans to change the infrastructure, then we definitely don't want to start down a path that will be a dead-end. But at least I've lodged a feature request for the Drupal deployment!

I'll let the SIDSC members know that we'll have to manually email the list when we make Wiki page changes.

Thanks,
Bob

From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:38 AM
To: Beims Bob
Cc: 'Carol Geyer (OASIS)'; 'Neil Schelly (OASIS)'; 'Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee'

Hi Bob,

  That’s an interesting suggestion – that the TC maillist be subscribed. I don’t know if that’s feasible, or if all TCs/SCs would want that implemented. A member who updates a wiki page could also send a note to the TC list indicating that they’ve done so – that would eliminate messages every time something is touched. I’m also not sure how notifications work – if they “inherit” or if each page would need a separate subscription. At this point in time there  are no plans for MoinMoin wiki changes; there is a major effort underway that will change the way our main websites and public TC pages are hosted; it is likely (but no decisions have been made as of yet) that MoinMoin will go away in favor of Drupal-based functionality.

Regards,

Mary