dita-sidsc message

Subject: bitFieldReset issue

I'm having trouble understanding the intent of the bitFieldRest rules in the most recent lang spec (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-sidsc/download.php/32513/ditaref-sidsc-book-d-090512-review.pdf)

It says that "The <bitFieldResetValue> and <bitFieldresetValueSource> elements are mutually exclusive," which means that you can have...

EITHER

<bitFieldReset>
   <bitFieldResetValueSource>HRESET</bitFieldResetValueSource>
   <bitFieldResetTrig>System Reset</bitFieldResetTrig>
</bitFieldReset>

OR

<bitFieldReset>
   <bitFieldResetValue>0</bitFieldResetValue>
   <bitFieldResetTrig>System Reset</bitFieldResetTrig>
</bitFieldReset>

BUT NEVER

<bitFieldReset>
   <bitFieldResetValue>0</bitFieldResetValue>
   <bitFieldResetValueSource>System Reset</bitFieldResetValueSource>
</bitFieldReset>

I'm trying to capture a field definition of a field that has a different reset value when the reset source is from a "Power on Reset". When it is a system reset, the field resets to "0"; when it is a POR, it resets to "1". But the data model does not allow this combination.

Can we agree that this is a valid combination and that the DTD/spec should be relaxed?

-seth
seth park
information architect
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.