dita-sidsc message

Subject: DITA SIDSC register specializations in action

Semiconductor "DITA heads" …

I wanted to let you know about a milestone that has been reached in the use of the DITA SIDSC register description specializations. Yesterday evening the Reference Manual for one of Freescale's QorIQ devices went live in our infocenter, to complement the PDF version of the RM. This is the first time (that I know of) where DITA SIDSC has been publicly delivered into an HTML-based delivery channel, further bolstering the business case for the reuse of the semantically-rich SIDSC model.

To see the results "live"…
  1. go to www.freescale.com/infocenter/topic/qoriq/index.html
  2. navigate to P1022 and P1013 > Reference Manual > I2C Interfaces > I2C memory map/register definition
  3. click the I2C link
The topic that is displayed at that node was generated entirely from an SIDSC component file. You'll find similar register description topics for each of other peripheral modules on the P1022.

You can also compare the HTML output with the PDF rendering …
  1. go to www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=P1022
  2. click the "Documentation" tab
  3. click "Reference Manuals" in the left "Show" tree
  4. click the P1022RM link
  5. you'll have to register on the site (sorry about that … I'm not sure why registration is required for that document, as it isn't confidential)

Regards,

Bob Beims

Chair, OASIS DITA TC Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (SIDSC)

Applications Engineer, Staff Principal

Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
6501 William Cannon Drive West, MD: OE327
Austin, TX 78735-8598

www.freescale.com

This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[X]Public
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary