Subject: Recommendation for 13101: "change tracking in topics and maps"

On today’s TC call, we again discussed the 1.3 proposal for change tracking. I clarified that we’ve made a distinction between the two main components of this proposal and that one part has been promoted to Stage 2. The remaining work relates to embedded markup for doing change tracking and indication.

There are members on the TC who feel that it’s not appropriate for DITA to address this requirement; these members feel that the issue should be resolved at the XML level, not within DITA. On proposal is to move this request to the Adoption TC and work it as a vendor issue by trying to facilitate interoperability outside of the DITA spec.

I’m happy to discuss at the next meeting.

Don and Kris have requested that we present an SC recommendation for how to move forward at next TC call.

-seth