Subject: Template for stage 3 proposals

Here is a link to the template for stage 3 proposals:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/46780/latest

And here is a link to an example of very simple stage 3 proposal:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46783/13008appid-stage3.html

And a link to the master DITA 1.3 Wiki page, from which all of these pages can be accessed:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA%201.3

What you need to keep in mind is that a stage three proposal MUST contain ALL of the new or changed content for the specification, for example:
  • A completed reference topic for each new element
  • All completed concept topics for the architectural spec

It also must contain the changes to the DTDs and XSDs.

The expectation is that proposal champion or champions will draft the proposal, and then work through revisions with the DITA TC reviewers. At today's call, the following folks volunteered to be reviewers:

  • David Helfinstine
  • Stan Doherty
  • Eliot Kimber
  • Kris Eberlein
Let me know if you all have any questions -- I'd be glad to try and answer them

Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)