Subject: SC proposals for DITA 1.3

Dear members of the TechComm subcommittee:

I am contacting all individuals and subcommittees that have more than two proposals in the process for DITA 1.3. Below  is a list of the proposals advanced by the subcommittee:

Proposal # Owner Description Stage Comments

13086 TechComm SC Add troubleshooting element to <step> 3

13096 TechComm SC Add troubleshooting section to <task> 3

13097 TechComm SC Troubleshooting topic 2

13098 TechComm SC New troubleshooting <note> type 3

13102 TechComm SC Revision history/release management markup 2

13113 TechComm SC Make <steps> available in troubleshooting topic 2 Hopefully handled by #13121

I'd like the SC to provide the following information:
  • Tentative date for when you think you will have the stage-3 proposals for proposals #13086, 13096, and 13098 ready.
  • Whether you plan to have the stage-3 proposals for #13086, 13096, and 13098 ready at the same time. Because of the questions previously posed by the TC and the content overlap, this might be a sensible approach.
  • An assessment of whether you think you will be advancing a stage-2 proposal for #13102.

I'm leaving #13097 out of this discussion, since it has a current dependency on proposal #13121. Ditto for #13113, which is really a placeholder for a less-favored implementation approach if #13121 does not materialize.

Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)