Subject: Feedback about allowing <data> and <data-about> in <steps> elements

Hi, members of the TechComm subcommittee:

I'm reading stage-2 proposal #13105: Allow <data> in lists. As written, it will add the <data> and <data-about> elements to the content model for the following elements:
  • task/choices
  • task/steps
  • task/steps-unordered
  • task/substeps

Is this desirable? I'm not sure that it is, especially if the use case for the proposal is primarily to capture details about a legacy list, such as the numbering type and initial number. (I like the very sparse and restrictive content model for task ...)

You can read the proposal here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/49585/proposal-13105-data-in-list.html

Let me know what you think, and whether you can think of use cases that require <data> and <data-about> in the various <steps> elements.

--
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)