Subject: Release management notes

Title: Stage 3 proposal: Feature #13102 (Release Management Domain)

Hi Tom,

Here are a few edits from me. I couldn’t find your latest copy so you may have already made these changes.

To help organizations or users locate significant changes in revisions of large documents, the release management domain provides markup to allow the addition of change items, release notes at the topic level, elminating the need for separate release note topics or external files such as spreadsheets or databases.  These release notes may be gathered from the topics of a publication by an external process and assembled into an appendix or separate document; no processing support is currently provided.

Regulated industries may use the release management domain to provide the records required by regulatory agencies.

In general, I would use "change-item" rather than "release note". Or, always put <change-item> alongside "release note".  In medical devices, the change items are not used for release notes.

change-organization

contains the name of a person who made a change described by the release note.

Should read:

Contains the name of the organization that requested the change described by the release note

change-revisionid

Contains an identifier associated with the change described by the release note

Same in the example text: don't call it a release note exclusively

Here are example release notes:

This figure shows three simple release notes added to a single topic. This topic is used in documentation for two products, A and B.

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
Joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
303-232-7586

Comtech Logo 2005 small

CIDM will be hosting the Content Management Strategies/DITA Europe Conference 2013 in Munich, Germany November 18-19. More information at:

http://www.infomanagementcenter.com/DITAeurope/2013/index.htm