Subject: RE: [dita-techcomm] Review of 13102 stage 3 Release Management

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your careful review. I have incorporated all these suggestions except #1 and #4. I just have a couple of questions and then I’ll upload a new version.

For #1, I removed the .dtd file, but I’m not sure what would be sufficient as to the requirements for incorporating the RM domain. Here is the statement I made about incorporation in the proposal:

“This proposal introduces a new release management domain. The top-level domain element is specialized from <metadata>; therefore, it can only be included where that element is permissible. The intent is to include the domain within <prolog>.”

For #4, here is what Eliot wrote when he added the @name attributes to the stage 2 proposal:

“Elements specialized from <data>, which will be most or all of the elements in this domain, should set the @name value to be the same as the tagname so that generic <data> element processing will have a @name value.”

I confess I didn’t know much about <data>, since we’ve never used it where I work. But he specifically added this attribute to each element definition, so I’m a little reluctant to remove them all. Let me know what you think, please. When I go to the 1.2 spec, all it says about @name is “Defines a unique name for the object.” That’s not much help.

Thanks again!

with best regards

Tom Cihak

Digital Networking Information Development

Freescale

512.996.5072