Subject: Complex troubleshooting

Hi,

I would like to put some time on the agenda to discuss complex troubleshooting. I ran into some difficulties modeling a scenario, and asked that the DITA TC consider loosening the content model so that troubleSolution would be optional (zero or more) rather than required (one or more). This proposal was challenged, and I withdrew it after Eliot Kimber suggested a reasonable workaround to the problem I was having.

I apologize for having acted unilaterally on this, but, given where we are in the 1.3 cycle, time was of the essence. Fortunately, this won't impact anything since I withdrew the request.

After finding a way out of my modeling problem, I was able to complete a draft of the Troubleshooting Feature article for the DITA Adoption TC. It's attached. I plan to cut in final comments this weekend. If you get a chance I would love to have any comments, great or small.

Best Regards,

--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260