Subject: RE: [dita-techcomm] Agenda: 12-07-2015 Adoption/TechComm Committees

Regrets for the meeting this week. I have a conflict with a mandatory internal workshop.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Stanley Doherty
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2015 6:16 AM
To: dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org

        DITA Adoption/TechComm SC Meeting Agenda

                   12-07-2015

                   12:00PM/EST

CONNECTION INFORMATION

     Meeting Number: 201240602

     Meeting Password: ditatc

     1. Go to https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m8c33283eaac954cd8be7c2cb62abeae6

     2. Enter the meeting password: ditatc

     3. Click 'Join Now'.

     4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

     (866) 432-9903 for the San Jose/Milpitas area

     (866) 349-3520 for the RTP area.

     To join the teleconference only:

     1. Dial into Cisco WebEx (view all Global Access Numbers at

        https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cisco.com_en_US_about_doing-5Fbusiness_conferencing_index.html&d=CwIGaQ&c=P3aKjizb3qsxp0SERaL2sw&r=YQWdLfM9mekBOdoMmoBdn9RgyqIHrveGolBbb4_uGWQ&m=d4GCeIMUXXqqcvLKvJC27fADIt70d7wOim4B9BUNVXQ&s=iAye_NIzaT2g2h2tYDZDy32Hv7-lWJJ18EZLxi62XOE&e= )

     2. Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting Number (listed above) or Access Code

        followed by the # sign.

        DITA Adoption/TechComm SC Action Items

                   12-07-2015

All - Review JoAnn and Stan's SWOT "Strengths" write-up.

      Comments to the list.

Stan - Send reminders ... need to move this one along.

Don - Draft a "Strengths" paragraph on the power of

      DITA as a framework that is independent of

      topic typing or minimalism.

All - Continue to review and write up paragraphs for the

      SWOT "weaknesses" items on our wiki.

      > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.oasis-2Dopen.org_dita-2Dadoption_DITA-5FAdoption-5FSWOT-5FAnalysis&d=CwIGaQ&c=P3aKjizb3qsxp0SERaL2sw&r=YQWdLfM9mekBOdoMmoBdn9RgyqIHrveGolBbb4_uGWQ&m=d4GCeIMUXXqqcvLKvJC27fADIt70d7wOim4B9BUNVXQ&s=vA8Kb_aRIZ0Z-egS2EgYorRmHEuF11IKksNIc-3HNcs&e=

Stan - Complete the SWOT "Weaknesses" write-up re:

       tooling. Distribute to folks who provided

       feedback on tooling and to Roger Scheen (now

       involved with DITA-OT documentation).

Kris - Send Stan Roger Scheen's email address.

Chris - Complete the first draft of the CSH whitepaper.

Bob and Stan - Touch base with Chris Goolsby when his CSH

       whitepaper is ready for review. Bring him up to

       speed on the new review process.

All - Review Stan's proposal for regional "listening sessions"

       with DITA practitioners.

Stan - Upload a copy to "Documents" and send link to ATC members.

Stan - Complete testing on the Release management XQuery plug-in.

Stan - Add a row to our wiki whitepaper planning table for

       tools or methodologies for converting spaghetti

       conref into keys. Joe Gelb is engaged in this area.

Jenn -- Touch base with Joe Gelb and check out his existing tooling

        for identifying conditionalized elements.

Keith - Draft an updated charter for the ATC Focus Area SC

        and distribute to ATC list.

All - Review Keith's updated charter and provide feedback BEFORE

      our next ATC meeting. We'll need to feel our way through

      this one via email. Getting access to OASIS services for

      SCs would help move things along.

Joann - Contact Magda Caolin (sp?) about her work with a topic/map

        generation program.

Stan - Add an item to the agenda for the next ATC meeting to

       continue report-outs and discussions from conferences,

       e.g. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dercom.de_en_dercom-2Dhome&d=CwIGaQ&c=P3aKjizb3qsxp0SERaL2sw&r=YQWdLfM9mekBOdoMmoBdn9RgyqIHrveGolBbb4_uGWQ&m=d4GCeIMUXXqqcvLKvJC27fADIt70d7wOim4B9BUNVXQ&s=8PXiK82CEj8vfIowMDB_7_MuctWadJkMlQeNLmh_vlM&e= .

A. Whitepapers and Plug-Ins

1. Release Management Excel Plug-in (Dave)

2. Release management XQuery DITA-OT plug-in - test status? (Stan)

3. DITA 1.3 A-Z Whitepaper - entering TC comments (Keith)

4. DITA 1.3 CSH whitepaper (Chris)

5. Short description whitepaper - Joe able to help (Joe, Keith)

6. XML mention - plan to make progress (Israel Gale)

7. DITA 1.3 Learning and Training - status? (Mark Myers,

   Jennifer Gemmell)

8. Content Referencing Practices (Dawn Stevens;

   January)

10. XML mention - January (Keith)

B. Discussions

1. DITA Listening sessions proposal (Stan)

   > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.oasis-2Dopen.org_apps_org_workgroup_dita-2Dadoption_download.php_57046_Proposal-5FListeningSessions-5F01.txt&d=CwIGaQ&c=P3aKjizb3qsxp0SERaL2sw&r=YQWdLfM9mekBOdoMmoBdn9RgyqIHrveGolBbb4_uGWQ&m=d4GCeIMUXXqqcvLKvJC27fADIt70d7wOim4B9BUNVXQ&s=aqtNIoksqzpPx6ykdCYVs4yodD5CERE5NE7nzuPQQ0E&e=

2. Conference report-outs

3. DITA SWOT — “Strengths” feedback rollup

   > JoAnn and Stan actvely writing paragraphs and

     incorporating feedback

4. DITA SWOT — “Weaknesses” request for feedback

   > Processing feedback on SWOT items

   > Processing feedback on how to organize/categorize

     the final information

5. Discussion: DITA worst practices:

   > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.oasis-2Dopen.org_dita-2Dadoption_DITA-5FWorst-5FPractices&d=CwIGaQ&c=P3aKjizb3qsxp0SERaL2sw&r=YQWdLfM9mekBOdoMmoBdn9RgyqIHrveGolBbb4_uGWQ&m=d4GCeIMUXXqqcvLKvJC27fADIt70d7wOim4B9BUNVXQ&s=fGw0uVk0ECrwLyQ4VsdaT0Dmele5ku-Vtf5yqnFd4Rk&e=

C. dita.xml.org

1. dita.xml.org Focus Area SC

   > SC charter development in progress

2. Subcommittee Chair

3. Content triage (ongoing) the existing dita.xml.org content to determine

   whether articles there should be:

4. Submission and review policies:

   > Brainstorm?

   > Draft offline?