dita-techstds message

Subject: DITA for Tech Standards activity

Hi everybody,

I'm sending this to the DITA for Tech Standards list, as well as (by BCC)
to several people that may not be on that list but have expressed interest.

As most of you know, one roadblock to using DITA for OASIS standards is
that there's no clearly defined way right now to encode some required
information. That info includes most of the information on the cover page,
as well as a couple of other items like how to recognize appendix sections.
Seth Park and I have signed up to work on this, but would like to get input
from this group on the work as we go.

The most urgent goal is to get a defined, generic way to mark up an OASIS
spec, which allows us to mark up the DITA specification itself but can also
cover other OASIS specifications. If possible, it should also cover other
specifications such as those from W3C, but in my opinion that could also be
a follow-on activity.

Thoughts? I'll also encourage those not on the SC list already to join up
here (as a member or observer); that's the only way that you'll be able to
track future discussion:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-techstds

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson