OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Hi all,

Here are the minutes from yesterday's meeting.

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
(Minutes taken by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

Date: Monday, 6 March 2006
Time: 08:00 - 09:00 PST

DITA Translation Subcommittee resources:
- SC Web site:
- Mailing list: dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.org
- Non-OASIS members please email Gershon or Don and we'll post on
    your behalf

- Roll Call
    - Present - Robert Anderson, Don Day, Andrzej Zydron, Sandi
        Castle, Kevin Farwell, Gershon Joseph, Yves Savourel, Chris
        Wong, Nancy Harrison
    - Regrets - Rodolfo
- Review/approve minutes from previous meeting (27 February 2006)
    - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/download.php/16931/TranslationSCmeetingminutes060227.txt
    - JoAnn moves to accept the minutes, Don accepts.
- New Business (according to preliminary proposals that have been

  - revised inline elements table. Robert added some footnotes for
      clarification. (spectitle, specentry.)
    - Don moves to submit to TC and recommend this should be an
      appendix to the lang reference in the 1.1 spec.
    - doc will include later additions of all new 1.1 attributes.
    -- ACTION ITEM -- Robert to add new elements/attributes to the
- Entertain and discuss a proposal for inclusion of the dir
    attribute in the DITA specification
    - leaning towards adding dir as universal attribute with all 4 W3C
    - Don moves to accept dir attribute with values still to be
        determined via discussion this week, Robert seconds, no objections.
    -- ACTION ITEM -- Gershon to investigate and prepare more specific proposal.
- Entertain and discuss a proposal for clarification of xml:lang in
    the DITA specification with possible separation of the locale
    - DISCUSSIONS...vendors requested us to separate locale from 
        lang; W3C are in early stages of working out what to do with 
	locale; we (DITA) don't want to jump ahead of the ITS spec...
    - Don moves to leave xml:locale out for now, and document best
        practices for the RFE3066. WE must point implementers to the most
        current values of the standards. Leave 1.1 spec of xml:lang as-is
        and clarify the language of the recommendation. Also remove
        English default.
    -- ACTION ITEM -- Gershon to revise recommendation
        statement for next week.
- Discuss a possible proposal for inclusion of the ruby
    attribute/element in the DITA specification
    - Don proposes not to include ruby for DITA in source, but to 
        discuss best practice to ensure annotation capability is 
	provided for in DITA and it could be interpreted into 
	ruby-like markup (i.e. keyref).
    - JoAnn - investigate a little further, but not applicable to 
        1,1, and we may have an alternative in the keyref. Add 
	recommendation for processors on how keyref may be 
	interpreted to ruby
    -- ACTION ITEM -- Gershon to research more and discuss with 
    Richard for decision next meeting.
--> meeting ended; next week we'll try to get to the next item after 
    discussing the proposal for DITA 1.1

- Review Andrzej Zydron's workflow proposal (attached here)

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]