OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 8 May 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 8 May 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 8 May 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

Present: Chris Wong, Patrick Klaassen, Rodolfo Raya, Robert Anderson, Andrzej 
    Zydron, Kevin Farwell, Gershon Joseph, Nancy Harrison

Regrets: Don Day

2.  Accepted the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
    Moved by Andrzej, seconded by Robert, no objections.

3.  Reviewed open action items

    a.  Robert to respond to Yves via email and site our decision/recommendation 
        in that email. Robert to write up proposal to be submitted to TC list.
        Suggestion to make default translate=no on required-cleanup and 


4.  Discussed Andrzej's note on inline elements:
    "If we have the opportunity during today's conference call, I would like
    to discuss the issue of subflows within inline elements.
    The definition of inline elements for DITA has been a great step forward. 
    We now need to classify which of the inline elements are in fact subflows, 
    that is they do not form part of the linguistic text flow within which they 
    occur. For example footnote text (fn) or index text (indexterm). For 
    localization it is important to be able to separate these out during 
    translation and then to be able to put the text back where appropriate."

    Reviewed Robert's table[6] of inline elements and noted the following elements
    that fall into this category:
    footnote, alt, indexterm, draft-comment, required-cleanup

    If anyone wants to propose additional elements for this list, plesae post 
    to email list.

5.  Discussed Nancy Harrison's outline[3] of Best Practice needs.

    Discuss next time: How to deal with page range index markers.

    ACTION: JoAnn to contribute some markup examples.

    ACTION: Nancy to rephrase adding subflows for translation tools.

Meeting adjourned at 09:00am PT.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200604/msg00021.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200605/msg00000.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200605/msg00002.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200604/msg00019.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200604/msg00020.html
[6] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/18040/elements.html

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]