OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 17 July 2006

Apologies for my delay in getting the minutes out. Our ISP, located in
Haifa, had serious technical issues this week that prevented me from
accessing the OASIS Web site most of the week.

I probably won't be able to update the TM reuse best practice this week. I
hope to submit it next week for further discussion.

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 17 July 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 17 July 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 70 minutes.

1.  Roll call

        Don Day
        Kevin Farwell
        JoAnn Hackos
        Gershon Joseph
        Rodolfo Raya
        Yves Savourel
        David Walters
        Andrzej Zydron

        Felix Sasaki

2.  Accept the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

    Accepted by acclamation. [Moved by Don, seconded by Rodolfo.]

3.  Review open action items:

    ACTION  -- Rodolfo to prepare an outline for this best practice document 
    for translating DITA and submit to list for discussion at a future meeting. 
    At that meeting, SC should agree on the outline.


    --ACTION-- Everyone to read Rodolfo's XLIFF article[2] and
    provide feedback to Rodolfo this week via the mailing list.


    --ACTION-- Robert and JoAnn to work on wording of note to keyword element 
    noting that it is considered inline when inside topics, but as standalone 
    segments when inside <keywords> (in prolog).


    --ACTION-- Rodolfo and Andrzej to investigate how translation tools can 
    differentiate between these keyword elements as inline and standalone 


    --ACTION-- JoAnn to take to TC our concerns about both the start and end 
    index range markers holding the index term.


4.  Returning business:

4.1 Discuss submission of the xml:lang and the dir recommendations as Commitee 
    Drafts to the TC.

    A Committee Draft is an OASIS deliverable so the publishing requirements 
    are the same :-) Basically the output should resemble the OASIS templates 
    - if we need to create the cover information separately and then prepend 
    to both the HTML and PDF I don't see a problem with that, although having 
    all the content in a single clump is optimum. (from Mary MacRae)

    Don: Main issue is cover page; contents of best practice are flexible.

4.2 Discuss Gershon Joseph's next draft of the best practice for legacy TM

    --ACTION-- Gershon to update document based on input during the meeting.

-- Meeting adjourned at 09:10am PT --

4.3 Discuss the paper on Rodolfo's website to be used as a source for best 
    practice document.

4.4 Review the revision of the draft Best Practices for Indexing. 

    //JoAnn's 2nd draft. not yet complete. Please add comments to the draft. 

5.  New Business: 

5.1 Handling multi-language documents

    Charles Pau and others to provide examples to the list for discussion

5.2 Andrjez provided examples of the need to change reusable building block to 
    the group for discussion. 

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200607/msg00009.html
[2] http://www.heartsome.org/EN/xliff.html

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]