OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 7 August 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 7 August 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 7 August 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 45 minutes.

1.  Roll call

        Robert Anderson
        Don Day
        Kevin Farwell
        JoAnn Hackos
        Gershon Joseph
        Rodolfo Raya
        David Walters


    Special guests from DITA TC:
        Bruce Esrig

2.  Accept the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.


3.  Review open action items:

    --ACTION-- Please send review comments to the list of the draft Best 
    Practices for Indexing

    --ACTION-- Gershon to send all input to list


    ACTION  -- Rodolfo to prepare an outline for this best practice document 
    for translating DITA and submit to list for discussion at a future meeting. 
    At that meeting, SC should agree on the outline.


    --ACTION-- Everyone to read Rodolfo's XLIFF article[2] and
    provide feedback to Rodolfo this week via the mailing list.


    --ACTION -- Next draft of the best practice for legacy TM (Gershon Joseph)


    --ACTION-- Robert and JoAnn to work on wording of note to keyword element 
    noting that it is considered inline when inside topics, but as standalone 
    segments when inside <keywords> (in prolog).

    COMPLETED. [JoAnn to send new wording]

    --ACTION-- Rodolfo and Andrzej to investigate how translation tools can 
    differentiate between these keyword elements as inline and standalone 


4.  Returning business:

4.1 Review the revision of the draft Best Practices for Indexing.

    Yves sent email to JoAnn on wording change. Discussed and accepted.

    Yves also suggested we remove the reference to XLIFF, and no one objected
    to this change.

    Additional discussions which led to changes to the text.

    JoAnn to add an example for range in map and range in topic.

5.  New Business: (still on hold)

5.1 Discuss the paper on Rodolfo's web site to be used as a source for an XLIFF 
    best practice document.

    Rodolfo to prepare a draft outline for next meeting.

    Everyone to review the XLIFF article and send comments to the email list.

    Suggestion to include specialized DITA (maybe FAQ) in the XLIFF test and 
    include this in the white paper. Include URL to point to download page
    of dita-ot and look for latest version of apiref download.

5.1 Handling multi-language documents

    Review the three examples provided by Gershon Joseph, Charles Pau, and 
    Tony Jewtushenko

    Need statement on handling of conref and handling of multilingual documents
    (may be combined) JoAnn to ask Charles if he'll write a first draft.

    If anyone has additional examples please send to list. Also use case examples.

5.2 Andrzej provided examples of the need to change reusable building block to 
    the group for discussion. 

6.  Announcements

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:45am PT --

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200607/msg00021.html
[2] http://www.heartsome.org/EN/xliff.html

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]