OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 14 August 2006




Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 14 August 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 14 August 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 40 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    Present:
        Robert Anderson
        Don Day
        Kevin Farwell
        JoAnn Hackos
        Nancy Harrison
        Gershon Joseph
        Rodolfo Raya
        Yves Savourel

    Regrets:
        Andrzej Zydron

    Special guests from DITA TC:

2.  Accept the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.

    Accepted.

3.  Review open action items:

    --ACTION-- Rodolfo to test some samples with Brian Schnabel's tool.

    --ACTION-- Please send review comments to the list of the draft Best 
    Practices for Indexing

    ACTION  -- Rodolfo to prepare an outline for this best practice document 
    for translating DITA and submit to list for discussion at a future meeting. 
    At that meeting, SC should agree on the outline.

    COMPLETED. Outline approved.

    --ACTION-- Everyone to read Rodolfo's XLIFF article[2] and
    provide feedback to Rodolfo this week via the mailing list.

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION -- Next draft of the best practice for legacy TM (Gershon Joseph)

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION-- Rodolfo and Andrzej to investigate how translation tools can 
    differentiate between these keyword elements as inline and standalone 
    segments.

    COMPLETED. (JoAnn to discuss bad keyword example with David Walters)

4.  Returning business:

4.1 Review the revision of the draft Best Practices for Indexing.
    We cannot complete this item until the indexing group comes up with a 
    decision on handling index range tags. See the changes marked in the 
    current draft attached here.

    Discussed those parts that do not deal with index ranges.

    As soon as index range is frozen JoAnn will update the document.

5.  New Business:

5.1 Discussion of Bryan Schnabel's feedback on the XLIFF article submitted by 
    Rodolfo Raya. Iíve enclosed a copy of the article and Bryan's email.

5.2 Handling multi-language documents

    Review the three examples provided by Gershon Joseph, Charles Pau, and 
    Tony Jewtushenko

5.3 Andrzej provided examples of the need to change reusable building block to 
    the group for discussion. (conref best practice)

6.  Announcements


-- Meeting adjourned at 08:40am PT --

----
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200607/msg000xx.html
[2] http://www.heartsome.org/EN/xliff.html


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]