OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Agenda -- 23 October 2006


Hi Folks!.

Agenda for Monday 23 October 2006

11:00 am - 12:00 am Eastern Standard Team DITA Technical Committee teleconference USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838 USA Toll Number:

+1-210-280-1707

PASSCODE: 185771

Roll Call

Accept Minutes from 16 October 2006 (enclosed for those who are not TC members)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/<http://ww

w.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/>

Attached for non-members.

3) Review open action items

 --ACTION-- Next draft of the best practice for legacy TM (Gershon Joseph and Andrzej Zydron)

    CONTINUE.      

--ACTION-- Nancy Harrison to work on examples of multi-language documents this week and we'll formulate a  definition next meeting.

    CONTINUE.

--ACTION-- Andrzej develop a conref best practice document

    CONTINUE.

4) Returning business:

4.1 Review and approve latest revision of the TM best practices. Andrzej Zydron will add his comments to the 100906 draft.

4.2 Review Andrzej's draft of the best practices on conref.

4.3 Review Rodolfo’s XLIFF article outline at the Heartsome wiki address.

http://www.heartsome.org/hswiki/DITA_XLIFF

If anyone wants to add sections, comments or any idea, please go ahead and change the wiki.

Other continued action items if available.

New Business:

none

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD

President

Comtech Services, Inc.

710 Kipling Street, Suite 400

Denver, CO 80215

303-232-7586

joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

www.comtech-serv.com

 

DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 16 October 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 16 October 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 55 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    Present:
        Bob Doyle
        Nancy Harrison
        Kevin Farwell
        Robert Anderson
        Gershon Joseph
        JoAnn Hackos

    Regrets:
        
    Special guests from DITA TC:

2.  Accept Minutes[1] from 9 October 2006

    Accepted. [Gershon moved, Nancy seconded.]

3.  Review open action items

    ACTION: Nancy Harrison to work on examples of multi-language documents 
    this week and we'll formulate a  definition next meeting.

    CONTINUE.

    ACTION: Andrzej develop a conref best practice document

    CONTINUE.

4.  Returning business: 

    4.1 Review and approve latest revision of the TM best practices. Andrzej 
        Zydron will add his comments to the 100906draft.

        ACTION: Gershon to integrate Note section into relevant places in the 
        document.

        ACTION: Andrzej to expand note to include other standards like XLIFF
        and SRX.

        ACTION: Gershon to discuss with Don getting the Index and TM best 
        practices into DITA markup and create the XSLT to generate OASIS cover
        pages and format.

--- Meeting adjourned at 8:55 ---

    4.2 Review Andrzej's draft of the best practices on conref

    4.3 Review Rodolfoís XLIFF article outline at the Heartsome wiki address

    http://www.heartsome.org/hswiki/DITA_XLIFF

    If anyone wants to add sections, comments or any idea, please go ahead and change the wiki.

    Other continued action items if available.

5.  New Business:

    none 


----
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200610/msg00009.html


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]