dita-translation message

Subject: Updated multilingual best practices

Hi,

I'm attaching the latest version of the multilingual best practices document.  I apologize for not getting it onto the wiki, but my network connection has been a bit flaky (mail seems to be a bit more reliable for some unknown reason).

I imported the multilingual examples from Nick into an editor - they appeared to be a custoized version of DocBook, so I had to modify them a bit - and then generated HTML with them.  I've attached the HTML here as well.  It would probably be more useful to have Nick send actual output from them; it's bound to be prettier, and likely more informative as well.  For that reason, I haven't linked to any of the examples in my text; once we have the examples finalized, I'll create links to the right ones.

Nancy

____
Nancy Harrison
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 781-676-2535
nancyph@us.ibm.com

multilingual-best-practices.doc

Title: docbook-ex1.htm
,
␠1 Example 1
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Declaration of Conformity (For USA)
table 1
Responsible Party:
Bloggs Corporation
Somewhere, ;USA
Telephone: (123) 456-7891
declares, that the products
table 2
Product name:
Laser Printer 1234 and 5678
Model number:
1234
Product option:
Go-faster stripes unit
comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
␠•␠Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
␠•␠Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
␠•␠Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
␠•␠Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
␠2 Example 2
Industry Canada Compliance Statement (For Canada
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
␠3 Example 3
For Finland and Sweden
LUOKAN 1 LASERLAITE
KLASS 1 LASER APPARAT
- no graphic entity specifiedVaroitus!
Laitteen käyttäminen muulla kuin tässä käyttöohjeessa mainitulla tavalla saattaa altistaa käyttäjän turvallisuusluokan 1 ylittävälle näkymättömälle lasersäteilylle.
- no graphic entity specifiedVarning
Om apparaten används på annat sätt än i denna Bruksanvisning specificerats, kan användaren utsättas för osynlig laserstrålning, som överskrider gränsen för laserklass 1.