OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation SC - updated multilingual best practices doc and DITAexamples


I'm attaching the latest version of the multilingual best practices document. as well as DITA versions of the examples provided by Nick.  Do we need output versions of the examples as well as source versions to illustrate our points about ultilingual content?



Nancy Harrison
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 781-676-2535

Gershon L Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

01/30/2007 10:34 AM

mambrose@sdl.com, pcarey@lexmark.com, rfletcher@sdl.com, Brian Hertz <bhertz@sdl.com>, ishida@w3.org, tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com, christian.lieske@sap.com, jennifer.linton@comtech-serv.com, Sukumar.Munshi@lionbridge.com, Charles Pau/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus, dpooley@sdl.com, nick@salftrans.co.uk, fsasaki@w3.org, ysavourel@translate.com, Dave A Schell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, bryan.s.schnabel@tek.com, Howard.Schwartz@trados.com, kara@ca.ibm.com
[dita-translation] DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 29 January 2007


Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
web:    http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 29 January 2007

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 29 January 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 40 minutes.

1)  Roll Call

       Gershon Joseph (chair, since JoAnn is at California DITA Boot Camp)
       Kevin Farwell
       Nick Rosenthal
       Nancy Harrison
       Robert Anderson
       Don Day
       Andrzej Zydron

       JoAnn Hackos

2)  Accept Minutes from 22 January 2007
   Accepted. [Gershon moved, Nancy seconded, no objections]

3)  Review open action items

   3.1 ACTION: Gershon to investigate whether he can use a client's samples.

       CONTINUED. (client is awaiting legal OK)

   3.2 ACTION: Nancy to incorporate the review input and submit updated BP doc
       for review.


   3.3 ACTION: Andrzej and Rodolfo to revise the conref best practice document
       Felix Sasaki provided input regarding Japanese. Andrzej to revise
       BP document to include this new information.


   3.4 ACTION: Gershon and Don will present the approved best practices on
       indexing and Translation Memory as committee drafts for approval by the DITA
       Technical Committee.

       ON HOLD (until DITA TC closes 1.1 spec)

   3.5 ACTION: Everyone to review the document JoAnn posted on 13 November
       (subject: Document from Christian Lieske).

       CONTINUED [we hope to discuss next week]

   3.6 ACTION: Don to raise glossary work item at the TC after the 1.1 draft to
       see if it needs its own subcommittee.

       ON HOLD (until DITA TC closes 1.1 spec)

   3.7 ACTION: JoAnn will contact Carol Geyer to discuss the possibility of a
       maintenance mode for the committee.

       CONTINUED (JoAnn not on conf call this week).

4) Returning business:

4.1 Review the new draft of the Multi-language Best Practice (Nancy Harrison)

   Nancy led the committee through the changes

   ACTION: Nancy to update the document according to review input during the
   meeting and to add marked up DITA examples into the document.
   Gershon: Let's plan to review and approve this BP next meeting.

4.2 Review the new draft of the conref best practice (Andrzej Zydron)

   Andrzej led the committee through the changes.

   ACTION: Andrzej to update the conref BP doc for vote next week.

--out of time. Meeting adjourned at 9:00--

5)  New business:

   Continue discussion of a new charter for the committee going forward.





[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]