dita-translation message

Subject: Re: [dita-translation] Introduction of <surface-form> to the acronymproposal

Andrzej Zydron - XML-INTL <azydron@xml-intl.com> wrote on 15/08/2007 05:10:01 AM:

> Subsequent to the TC discussion yesterday I have updated the proposal
> accordingly:
>
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/TranslationSubcommittee/Acronyms
>
> The main point has been the addition of the <surface-form> element, and
> the modification of the relevant text. I have also copied Don's
> excellent  'Acronym and Translation' list into the proposal as it
> defines succinctly the issues involved. I hope we are now very close to
> full agreement on the acronym proposal.

The choice of elements to specialize from still needs work, I think.

The current proposal says:
<acronym>  ==> specialize from keyword
  <expanded/>  ==> specialize from keyword
  <short/>  ==> specialize from data
  <surface-form/>  ==> specialize from keyword
</acronym>

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Corporation, Melbourne