dita-translation message

Subject: RE: [dita-translation] Groups - TranslationBestPracticeonConrefs (ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc) uploaded

Thank you Robert,
I'll make the changes when I get back home.
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 9:16 AM
To: dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [dita-translation] Groups -
TranslationBestPracticeonConrefs (ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc)
uploaded

Hi - I looked over the syntax of the examples in the conref document.
The intent of the syntax is clear, but a couple of things should be
updated.
These are only in examples and do not impact the meaning of the content.
Specifically:

<keyword conref="tools.dita#ClawHammer"/> should have something for a
topic ID, such as <keyword conref="tools.dita#tools/ClawHammer"/>

The same issue should be updated for the <prodname> example. I would
suggest using <keyword> instead of <prodname> for clarity, just because
<prodname> is not an inline DITA element. So, <prodname
conref="models.dita#FordFocus"/> should be something like <keyword
conref="models.dita#ford/FordFocus"/>

The topic IDs that I provided (tools and ford) are just examples. The
topic ID does not need to match the file name.

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)

             joann.hackos@comt

             ech-serv.com

             10/21/2007 03:59
dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.o
             PM                        rg

cc

Subject
                                       [dita-translation] Groups -

                                       TranslationBestPracticeonConrefs

(ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc)
                                       uploaded

The document named TranslationBestPracticeonConrefs
(ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc) has been submitted by Dr. JoAnn
Hackos to the DITA Translation Subcommittee document repository.

Document Description:
This is the best practice on implementing content references (conrefs)
in DITA

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/document.p
hp?document_id=25812

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/download.p
hp/25812/ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able
to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your
web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration