dita-translation message

Subject: FW: [dita] Groups - Issue #12038 - Proposal: Acronyms and other Abbreviated Forms (IssueNumbe12038.html) uploaded

During today's DITA TC call JoAnn asked members of the TC to send
comments and questions on the Acronyms Proposal to the Translation
Subcommittee.

Included below is a message I sent out to the DITA TC list shortly after
the Acronyms proposal was originally posted.

    -Jeff

abbreviated-form
> element's contents?  If pattern matching, which content is used?
>
> Are any of <expanded>, <short>, <surface-form> required within the
> abbreviated-form specialization?  Can <expanded>, <short>,
<surface-form>
> be used outside of the abbreviated-form specialization? If they can be
> used outside of abbreviated-form, the names seem too generic.
>
> I don't understand this statement "The abbreviated form element is
> designed to be extended via specialization to reflect the actual form
of
> abbreviation, for example: . . .".  Does the example show a
specialized
> version of the abbreviated-form element?
>
> The proposal is designed around an inline content model rather than a
> definition and reference model. Would a definition and reference model
> work better?
>
> How will this work for fallback generalization? Will the expanded and
> surface-form content both be included in the output and the short form
> omitted?
>
> Are these specializations to be included in a new domain
specialization,
> an existing domain specialization and, if so, which one, or somewhere
> else?
>
> Would this be available for use in all of the "standard" DITA topic
types?
> In map types?
>
>    -Jeff

Joseph*
> > the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document
> > repository.
> >
> > Document Description:
> > HTML format of proposal for Issue #12038 - Acronyms and other
> Abbreviated
> > Forms
> >
> > View Document Details:
> > http://www.oasis-
> > open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=26361
> >
> > Download Document:
> > http://www.oasis-

open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/26361/IssueNumbe12038.html