OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 4 February 2007

Hi all,

Please note that our next meeting will be on Monday 25 February at the usual time (8:00 PT).
Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd. 
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 12 February 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 12 February 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 5 February 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00016.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  Previously posted Translation SC documents--ready for approval next week?

        1.  ITEM: Discussion of "Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref Attribute for Translation"
            url   : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00052.html
            lead  : Hackos
            notes : 
            ACTION: Gershon to check with JoAnn for latest version of doc and
            forward link to TC.
        2.  ITEM: Discussion of "Indexing Best Practice White Paper"
            url   : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27049/IndexingBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc
            lead  : Hackos
            notes : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00009.html (Grosso)
            ACTION: Gershon to check with joAnn re latest version and addressing 
            of Paul's message. 

    2.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns 
        (Kimber, no follow up)
        Erik: Gershon asked is there a way to provide tighter topic DTDs by default
        Discussion on whether the existing DTDs are really "bad"...
        Michael: I don't want to say current topic types are useful only for 
        specialization, but I agree there's a need for tighter DTDs.
        Jeff: Add text that some organizations may want to enforce enforce a 
        stricter content model than the default topic types, and they can use 
        the constraints mechanism to achieve that.
        Don suggested we provide tutorial on how to specialize a DTD via 
        constraints for office memos.
        Jeff encouraged Gershon/Eliot/etc to submit issues we want to raise in 
        the 1.3 spec.
        Someone can take on the task of trying to find a spot where people can 
        submit DTDs/tutorials/samples/etc outside of the standards process but 
        where they could be shared.
        Michael: That's what dita.xml.org is for.
        ACTION: Gershon to add a placeholder for requirements (and later 
        specializations) for more constrained version of the DITA topics. 
        (Gershon noted he's under workload pressure and it will likely take him
        a while to get to this AI.)

    3.  ITEM: Organization of the DITA Specification
        1.  OASIS on statements of use vs implementations 
            Don mentioned that "statement of use" should be used instead of 
            OASIS requires 3 uses or 3 organizations, as long as we provide 3.
            Jeff: OASIS wants uses, and does not care if it's organizations or 
            Michael stressed that we must get uses of new spec features.

        2.  Conformance and Feature Optionality/Flexibility 
            (Ogden and following)
            Revisit next week. Continue on-list.

        3.  ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs 
            (Kimber and following)
            Revisit next week. Continue on-list.

    4.  Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business" 

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]