dita-translation message

Subject: Next Subcommittee meeting

Hello All!
Because of a US holiday tomorrow and my trip to Trinidad next week, we won't have a meeting of the subcommittee until March 3. The acronym/glossary proposal has been voted on and Gershon and I will present the conref and indexing best practices to the Technical Committee on Tuesday 19 Feb. We then have only the multilanguage best practice to put before the TC. Gershon needs to finish its formatting.

I think we need to develop an acronym best practice to explain our thinking to the user community from the original acronym proposal. We'll discuss that at the March 3 meeting.

Please let me know if you have additional ideas for Best Practices coming up this year prior to the introduction of the 1.2 specification. I've been thinking about a best practice on managing topic-based translations. That seems to be confusing a lot of people who are implementing DITA.

Best regards,
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President