dita-translation message

Subject: Best Practices for XML Internationalization

Hi All!
Important note from Felix Sasaki. Please read the DITA notes and give
feedback to Felix. We'll discuss at our next meeting on 3 March.
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:46 AM
To: JoAnn Hackos
Cc: Andrzej Zydron; Bryan Schnabel; christian.lieske@sap.com;
dpooley@sdl.com; esrig-ia@esrig.com; rfletcher@sdl.com; Howard.Schwartz;
ishida@w3.org; rmraya@maxprograms.com;
tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com; ysavourel@translate.com
Subject: Re: Introduction to new OAXAL Technical Committee proposal

Hello JoAnn, all

it would be nice if you could forward this to the dita-translation list
dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.org
since I cannot post directly to the list.

Thank you,

Felix

The Internationalization Tag Set (ITS) Working Group has published a
Group Note of Best Practices for XML Internationalization. This document
provides a set of guidelines for developing XML documents and schemas
that are internationalized properly. Following the best practices
describes here allow both the developer of XML applications, as well as
the author of XML content to create material in different languages.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-xml-i18n-bp-20080213/
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-xml-i18n-bp-20080213/xml-i18n-bp.pdf
(reader-friendly PDF)

Section 5 of the document "ITS Applied to Existing Formats"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-xml-i18n-bp-20080213/#Modularization
contains a section about ITS and DITA
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-xml-i18n-bp-20080213/#dita

Thanks a lot to the people on this list who gave feedback on drafts on
this section, and this document in general.

Felix