dita-translation message

Subject: RE: FW: [dita] RE: Impact of the Conref Best Practice

From: Rodolfo M. Raya [mailto:rmraya@maxprograms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:49 PM
To: JoAnn Hackos
Cc: DITA Translation SC

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:38:13 -0600
"JoAnn Hackos" <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com> wrote:

> Hello Fellows --
> Are any of you aware of practices within the tools like SDL and Idiom
> that handle the grammar problems caused by conrefs? See Eric
Severson's
> note below. I'm not aware of anything in a "termbase" that handles
this
> problem. Can't see how it would.

Hi JoAnn,

The problem described by the end user has been addressed in the best
practice for conrefs.

The main recommendation was to put in conref complete sentences or
paragraphs only.

An example of the potential problem was included in the best practice
document. The fragment "Ford Focus" exhibits the same problems when
translating into Polish.

Best regards,
Rodolfo
--