OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-translation message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee Agenda -- 5 May 2008

Hello Translation SC Members,
Please find the agenda for the 5 May 2008 meeting on the Subcommittee
I have also copied the agenda below. Please be certain to review the
material sent us by Felix Sasaki from the ITS working group. I have also
included Andrzej's proposal for the OAXAL TC as an attachment.
7:00-7:05am  Roll call PDT (one hour earlier than usual because of the
DITA TC meeting at 8 am)
1) Roll Call 

2) Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 

3) Review open action items 

3.1 ACTION: Gershon to investigate whether he can use a client's

Gershon will assemble all the examples into the template for the TC;
need to add the examples to the Multilanguage Best Practice. CONTINUED.
Awaiting legal OK; Gershon is selecting items for use in the Best
Practice. Decision to submit the BP to the TC for review without these
items and we'll update them after Gershon gets approval from his client,
since it's going to take a while. 
3.2 ACTION: Rodolfo and Bryan Schnabel will continue to work on the Best
Practice for XLIFF 


3.3 ACTION: JoAnn will contact Richard Ischida to get clarification on

need for a pronunciation element or attribute for the acronym proposal. 
IN PROGRESS -- note sent to Richard. JoAnn raised the issue at the OASIS
Symposium with the Accessibility working group headed by Peter Brunet
from IBM. They are working on Accessibility for ODF. Suggested that DITA
be included in the accessibility discussions. No response as yet. 


4.1 Report on the status of the conref and indexing best practices in
the DITA TC. 

4.2 Gershon report on the status of the Multilanguage Best Practice
final format 

4.3 Discussion of the draft acronym/glossary best practice document.
(see attached)

4.4 Discussion of the OAXAL TC charter and membership 

4.5 Discussion of information from Felix Sasaki 

The Internationalization Tag Set (ITS) Working Group has published a
Group Note of Best Practices for XML Internationalization. This document
provides a set of guidelines for developing XML documents and schemas
that are internationalized properly. Following the best practices
describes here allow both the developer of XML applications, as well as
the author of XML content to create material in different languages. 

(reader-friendly PDF) 

Section 5 of the document "ITS Applied to Existing Formats"
contains a section about ITS and DITA

Thanks a lot to the people on this list who gave feedback on drafts on
this section, and this document in general. 


5) New business: 

5.1 Discussion of the proposed DITA/XLIFF webinar sponsored by OASIS

7:50-7:55 Announcements/Opens 

7:55 Adjourn 

Toll Numbers: USA +1-770-615-1250
Toll-Free Numbers: USA 877-421-0033
Participant Passcode: 610708

ITN: 2-421-0033

In addition, if you are calling from one of these countries, even the
toll-based charges should be lower than standard long distance--use
whatever works from your location:

Country Toll-free (IBM Pays) Toll (Caller Pays) Austria +43 179576264
Belgium 0800-7-3026 +32 22006114 Denmark 80-888377 +45 38323070 Finland
0800-914-630 +358 972519061 France 0800-902366 +33 157323040 or  +33
157323041 Germany 0800-181-6323 +49 6951709081 Ireland 1800-558728 +353
16569209 Italy 800-788634 +39 0269430413 Netherlands 0800-022-8558 +31
202008077 Norway 800-18373 +47 24159528 Spain 900-95-1089 +34 912754171
Sweden 020-799414 +46 850163259 Switzerland 0800-564-331 +41 44654562
United Kingdom 0808-234-1969 +44 2070260533 USA 877-421-0033

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
joannhackos Skype


DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 4 March 2008

Chaired by JoAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday 4 March 2008
at 8:00 PT for 60 minutes.

1)  Roll Call

        JoAnn Hackos (chair)
        Rodolfo Raya
        Andrzej Zydron
        Kara Warburton
        Nick Rosenthal

       Don Day, Robert Anderson
2)  Accept Minutes from previous business meeting

    Accepted by acclamation.
3)  New Business:

4)  Returning business:

    4.1 Gave final approval for the conref and indexing best practices.

    4.2  Acronym and glossary best practices

        The acronym BP is in process. JoAnn will try to organize a draft BP from 
        the various discussions that have happened.
        JoAnn asked Kara to take a stab at the first draft on a BP using glossary 
        for translations.
        JoAnn confirmed that these 2 BPs will not be relevant until DITA 1.2 goes 
	Rodolfo will work with Bryan Schnabel on the XLIFF Best Practice.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]