dita-translation message

Subject: FW: [dita-translation] Approval of the Acronym Best Practice

With the email problems, I’m resending this request.

JoAnn

From: JoAnn Hackos [mailto:joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 5:42 PM
To: dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.org; Bryan Schnabel; christian.lieske@sap.com; dpooley@sdl.com; esrig-ia@esrig.com; fsasaki@w3.org; rfletcher@sdl.com; Howard.Schwartz; ishida@w3.org; rmraya@maxprograms.com; tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com; ysavourel@translate.com

Hi Folks!

I don't think we need a meeting tomorrow and will cancel if from the schedule. At the last meeting, the team worked through the remaining questions on the Acronym Best Practice.

ACTION ITEM -- everyone review the Best Practice and let me know if you approve it (Yes/No). If everyone approves, we'll be ready to send it on to the DITA TC. If you have any additional comments, please send them ASAP.

Our next actions include the following:

Gershon -- Revise the multilanguage BP (I'm hoping we can get this done but we want to add the issue of creating manuals with sections of different languages)

Kara -- Develop the Glossary BP

We are making good progress with the panel members on the planning for the DITA/XLIFF webinars. We met with the Technical panel last week and will meet with the Business panel this week to get each session planned.

Thank you for all your good work and continued interest.

Best regards,

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President