Subject: Re: [dita] Methods to track issues and bugs

Don Day wrote:

> Real Soon Now we will need to set up standard methods to log incoming
> issues and bugs and to manage their disposition in the TC or the external
> toolkit as appropriate.  Because we are starting off with a submission that
> is already in use, we'll need to get something in place rather quickly.
> I'd appreciate insight into how to do this with OASIS mechanisms if
> possible.

If OASIS doesn't have some sort of issue tracker system, I've had very
good experience with the Roundup system (roundup.sourceforge.net)--it's
a Python-based issue tracker that is both easy to set up and fairly easy
to customize. It can be integrated with Apache very easily or it can act
as it's own HTTP server. It provides both Web- and email-based
interfaces. It's out-of-the-box functionality is probably all we need
for this activity.

Cheers,

Eliot
----