Subject: prep materials for briefing 4 on specialization

I'd like to spend all the time on demonstration if I can, so I'd ask you to
please review the following slides before the briefing:

http://xml.coverpages.org/DITA-IntroductionBrief.ppt
      slides 18-24 of the first briefing presentation provide an overview
of specialization
http://xml.coverpages.org/DITA-EXTREME-SpecializationPres.pdf
      provides a more technical overview, with checklists/instructions

Additional recommended reading:

http://xml.coverpages.org/priestleySIGDOC2002-DITA.pdf
      provides in-depth view of the technology, process, and policy issues
of specialization
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita2/index.html
      specifics of information type specialization
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita5/index.html
      specifics of domain specialization

I'll try to get out the actual presentation tomorrow - it will consist
mostly of a series of instructions, so that anyone who can't see the demo
can still follow along on their own machine.

Thanks,

Michael Priestley
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
Dept PRG IBM Canada  phone: 416-915-8262
Toronto Information Development