Subject: ALL DITA TC MEMBERS -- Review latest proposed OASIS IPR policy

This slipped past me during my vacations last month, but the OASIS administration has been working on some proposed changes to the IPR policy, and members are encouraged to comment on it. Per the abstract on the OASIS Members page:

"The OASIS Board of Directors has drafted a revised OASIS IPR Policy designed to address changes affecting intellectual property and the work of standards bodies. The updated document clarifies current process and policy ambiguities, while still providing a range of licensing modes for TCs as appropriate for the breadth of OASIS membership and topics under development. Revisions also establish clear licensing commitments and royalty terms for participants in each TC, ensuring that appropriate licenses are in place for member prototyping. All OASIS members are asked to review the draft and provide comments before 10 September." (http://www.oasis-open.org/members)

See the "Review Draft Revisions to OASIS Intellectual Property Rights Policy " at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200407/msg00002.html

If you are an OASIS Member, you have probably already received this note from Karl. Instructions for submitting comments are at the end of the note cited above. This is not TC business in itself, but I'll be reminding folks through this month to have your appropriate IP contacts review this document and advise you on how the changes apply to your DITA TC participation.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee