Subject: Re: [dita] namespaces goals

I continue to feel strongly that the class attribute should be
associated with it's own namespace as discussed in my latest post in the
Namespace resolution thread.

I think that requiring just this one namespace is consistent with all of
the 1.0 goals Erik outlined.

I would like to see namespaces associated with packages--I don't see
must risk here and it's the only way so far identified to handle package
name conflicts, but I think we could endure not doing them in 1.0.

I do not see a need to do any namespace qualification of element type
names and attributes (other than the class attribute) in the working
DTDs and schemas.

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen