Subject: OASIS DITA TC: 24 August 2004 meeting reminder

Greetings, DITA TC colleagues.  This is a reminder for Tuesday's regular
telecon, from 11 AM to noon EDT.

Seraphim has suggested an improved methodology for the writing and
reviewing of content for the specification.  We'll start by looking
at his proposal.

We've had several good exchanges on the list this week that bear on

current issues.

To advance the discussion on the hottest issues (not necessarily to
solve them today), I propose that we allocate 10 minutes each to the
latest discussion on namespaces and tables, and then move on to the
remaining new business.

 Schedule reminder:
- 17 Aug 2004
    - First major milestone -- complete
      first draft of first section and send
      out for review.
    - Begin review of 1st section.
- 07 Sep 2004
    - Complete review/revision of 1st
      section; begin review of 2nd section.
- 28 Sep 2004
    - Complete review/revision of 2nd
      section; begin review of 3rd section.
- 19 Oct 2004
    - Complete review/revision of 3rd
      section; beginning of final review
- 02 Nov 2004
    - Complete final review
- 16 Nov 2004
    - Release 1.0 spec to OASIS

USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838
USA Toll Number: +1-210-280-1707
PASSCODE: 185771

AGENDA:

1. Roll call

2. Review/approve minutes from 17 August

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200408/msg00051.html

3.
Review/revalidate our managing authoring/review process:
  (based on email from Seraphim Larsen)
- Solicit editorial comments from the group during a specific time
  period -- either email directly to Michael and JoAnn, or post to
  the TC list
- Michael and JoAnn compile the comments, using their discretion on
  whether to incorporate something or not
- If there are conflicts, we should summarize them at the committee
  meeting, take them to the TC list, and try to resolve them there.
  If resolution is not possible on the list, then let's bring them
  to the meeting.

4. Timed discussion on current issues.
- Namespace for DITA?
- Which version of CALS table model?
- Conref and XInclude? (no recent discussion--is this "in" or "out"?)

5. New discussions/issues:
- S1000D (general separation of class architecture from implementation
  vocabularies)
- Terminology
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200408/msg00064.html

5. New tasks--discuss DTD cleanup for specification, for example:
- Edit and normalize formatting, comments, copyrights, licenses, etc..
- Test the DTDs and Schemas
- Test suites for conformance testing? methodologies for testing?
- Implementation/interoperability tips for users, vendors

6. AOB?

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>