Subject: Proposed schedule for next three weeks

DITA TC participants,

At our meeting last Tuesday we identified that several of the agenda items cannot come back with resolutions until at least after next week's scheduled meeting. Other issues also appear to be things that could be discussed on the list if the issue owners (including myself) were diligent to keep the discussions rolling. Above all, I want to keep the focus of the TC and editors on the cleanup of the contributed draft material so that we can get back to the TC's charter goal of producing an initial specification.

Therefore I recommend that we have our next regularly scheduled meeting, not next week or the week following, but on the 2nd of November. At that meeting, I expect that we will close on all open issues including tables and namespaces and have a first full draft to circulate to members (by that date if not before).

Unless I hear other counters to this idea, I'll take silence as hearty assent and will send out a note early next week advising everyone of the skip for the next two weeks.

As part of this plan, the namespace debaters need to touch base in the meantime and write up a proposal for the 2nd November meeting.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee