Subject: RE: [dita] URIs and versions

Hi Bruce,

Would the use of the value xmlns instead of namespace, like
http://dita.oasis-open.org/xmlns/, also satisfy your requirements?

Kind regards,
Eric
Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - DBA XML Tools Development
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email: esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841
Blue Pages (Internal)

             "Esrig, Bruce
             (Bruce)"
             <esrig@lucent.com                                          To
             >                         "'Erik Hennum'"
                                       <ehennum@us.ibm.com>, Paul Grosso
             01/05/2005 03:13          <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
                                       DITA TC list
                                       <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [dita] URIs and versions

Is it worthwhile to distinguish the namespace URIs by adding "namespace" at
the front of the namespace URIs?

http://dita.oasis-open.org/namespace/
majorVersionIdentifier/nameCategory/namedThing

If namespace URIs and schema URIs enter the same conversation, this would
help to keep them apart.

Bruce Esrig