Subject: Keywords in DITA

In computer science there are two meanings for the word "Keyword". One
is, as Docbook puts it, "a term describing the content of a document.
The keyword applies to the document component that contains it. Keywords
are rarely displayed to a reader. Usually, they are reserved for
searching and retrieval purposes." FOLDOC[1] says: "A small set of words
designed to convey the subject of a technical article." So the DITA
Language Reference examples of "installing", "uninstalling", "wizards",
etc. seems to suggest this usage.

Then there are keywords in computer languages and command lines. In
other words: "A single value from an enumerated list, the name of a
command or parameter, or a lookup key for a message" FOLDOC[1] says:
"One of a fixed set of symbols built into the syntax of a language.
Typical keywords would be if, then, else, print, goto, while, switch."
pragma statement allows messages to be passed to the emulator,
pre-compiler, etc..." seems to ALSO suggest this usage.

I infer from the examples in the DITA specification that I should use
keyword in the FIRST sense if it occurs within the "keywords" element
and in the SECOND sense if it occurs in document content. Is that
correct? If so, I feel that it is somewhat of a confusing combination.
 ----
 Paul Prescod
 Blast Radius XMetaL