Subject: RE: [dita] Keywords in DITA

I don't think the current examples are necessarily wrong. The keyword element is not intended just for programming keywords, especially when semantic specializations of keyword are available such as <apiname>.  Given that <keyword> has very little semantics of its own, and given that specializations of it exist for many specific cases, coming up with a generic example that isn't more suited for a specialization is actually pretty hard. Generic search terms from the text do seem reasonable to me, as an example of when to use <keyword> specifically rather than one of its specializations.

Michael Priestley
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
Dept PRG IBM Canada  phone: 416-915-8262
Toronto Information Development

"Paul Prescod" <paul.prescod@blastradius.com>

03/08/2005 08:02 AM

Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
<dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [dita] Keywords in DITA

Thank you. Your description clarifies things. This is what I would have thought except were it not for the example in the specification under "keywords".

The following example is metadata from an installation task:

I would have understood if the example was:

Those are keywords in the sense that you define it in your email.