Subject: No DITA TC Meeting today

Team, as I worked on the agenda for today, I felt there was just not enough
on the plate to require all of our time for an hour. Sorry for the late
notice... I will call in to remind folks who have not received this note in
time.

Here's what is going on for now:

1. The vote for specification has completed with 17% participation, all
positive except for 2 votes with no comments.  With no comments to work on,
we have no formal replies or corrections to make.  But this circumstance
requires a Special Majority Vote, which has to be conducted by a Web-based
ballot conducted by OASIS (Mary McRae, presumably).  Since I have no word
from OASIS yet about the establishment of this ballot, there is little we
as a TC can formally do at this time.  This time, WE are the ones who will
vote on one of these three courses:

"However, if negative votes amounting to less than 15 percent of the voting
membership have been cast, the TC shall be notified of the negative votes,
after which the TC shall have 30 days to take one of the following actions
by Resolution of a Special Majority Vote: (a) request the TC Administrator
to approve the specification as submitted despite the negative votes; (b)
withdraw the submission entirely; or (c) submit an amended
specification..."

NOTE: Please vote right away when you see the announcement on this list
about this ballot. If we can all get our votes in early, I will urge OASIS
to accept the consensus without dragging out the process.

2. I am still working on the public requirements document. I don't think we
had anything else to discuss. I will use the time to make some headway on
my updates.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>