Subject: speculative paper on DITA futures for Extreme XML

Hi, Esteemed DITA Technical Committee:

By the way, I wanted to mention that I'm presenting a paper at the Extreme XML conference about a possible strategy (somewhat technical) for increasing design flexibility in DITA 2.0

I'd post the draft here, but, because this mailing list has a public view, that distribution would violate the conference requirement for first publication. I'd be happy to share the paper with anyone who is interested, however, -- either the current work-in-progress or (after the 24th) the final paper.

Of course, I don't think we'd want to let this proposal distract us from DITA 1.1

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com