Subject: Groups - TC Meeting modified

Added minutes and agenda.

 -- Seraphim Larsen

TC Meeting has been modified by Seraphim Larsen

Date:  Tuesday, 21 June 2005
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

Event Description:
USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838
USA Toll Number: +1-210-280-1707
PASSCODE: 185771

Agenda:
MEETING AGENDA -- 21 June 2005 -- DITA TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

** Teleconference **
--------------------
    USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838
    USA Toll Number: +1-210-280-1707
    PASSCODE: 185771

** Agenda **
------------
    Today's Goal:  Complete assignments list

    8:00-8:05  Roll Call

    8:05-8:10  Review/approve minutes from 14 June
                - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200506/msg00015.html

    8:05-8:50  Assignments
                - We'll go through the list of 1.1 requirements and
                  take volunteers for each item.
                    - Note:  Only *members* can take on assignments.
                      If observers or others want to contribute,
                      they need to become a member (as per Mary
                      McRae's email).
                    - List is located here --
                      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13091/DITA-TC-1dot1PublicRequirementsWithEffort.htm
                - For each assignment:
                    - Now: Give a rough estimate of time required to
                      complete the item
                    - After meeting: Fill out the definition
                      template for each assignment (indicating
                      scope, use case, technical requirements, costs
                      and benefits).
                        - Template located here:
                          http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13167/IssueNumberXX%28template%29.zip
                        - Name your completed templates like this:
                          IssueNumberXX.dita
                        - Post your completed templates to the
                          Drafts area of the DITA TC:
                          http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/documents.php

    8:50-8:55  Announcements, opens
                - Please send your tallies of additional "top five"
                  requirements to the TC List by EOD 24 June 2005.
                - Next meeting, we'll try to decide on "must haves"
                  for 1.1 release, based on new rankings.
                - This discussion may take more than one meeting!
                - We can then take that information and create
                  a rough 1.1 schedule with milestones

    8:55       Adjourn

Minutes:
MEETING MINUTES -- 21 June 2005 -- DITA TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
*** Please see Action Items and Decision Summary at the end ***

DITA Technical Committee website:
    - Public:       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
    - Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/

** Minutes **
------------
    Today's Goal:  Complete assignments list

    8:00-8:05  Roll Call
                - 14 of 24 voting members => QUORUM
                - See website for attendance details
                  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/event.php?event_id=8028
                - There were at least two Observers whose attendance
                  was not recorded because I couldn't get their
                  names.  If you were one of them, please email
                  Seraphim.

    8:05-8:10  Review/approve minutes from 14 June
                - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200506/msg00015.html
                - Chris Wong says he did *not* say the following.
                  Not sure who did say it.  (Under "Proposal for
                  next 2 weeks") --
                    - Chris Wong -- Perhaps some items can be
                      developed outside the TC, and when they're
                      more developed we can roll them into the spec.
                - Minutes approved by acclamation.

    8:05-8:50  Assignments
                - We went through the list of 1.1 requirements and
                  took volunteers for each item.
                    - Note:  Only *members* can take on assignments.
                      If observers or others want to contribute,
                      they need to become a member (as per Mary
                      McRae's email).
                    - Clarification from Michael Priestley --
                        - They do not have to be *voting* members
                        - There are "members" and "voting members".
                          The attendance requirements to be
                          a "voting member" are stricter than to be
                          a "member".  (There are *no* attendance
                          requirements to be a member.)
                        - See email from Mary McRae for further
                          clarification --
                          http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200506/msg00019.html
                    - Thus, if someone wants to volunteer for an
                      assignment, we'll put them on the list for
                      now, and try to figure out how to get them
                      into regular membership as soon as possible.
                        - According to Mary McRae, if you want to be
                          a member, you can -- just let Don, France,
                          or Seraphim know, and we can change your
                          status.

                - New assignments list --
                    - We completed assignments (though some items
                      had no volunteers).
                    - New assignments list to be located here --
                      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13091/DITA-TC-1dot1PublicRequirementsWithEffort.htm
                    - Seraphim has Action Item to fill in the names

                - If you volunteered for an assignment:
                    - Fill out the definition template for your
                      assignment:
                        - Template located here:
                          http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13184/IssueNumberXX%28template%29.zip
                        - Name your completed templates like this:
                          IssueNumberXX.dita
                        - Post your completed templates to the
                          Drafts area of the DITA TC:
                          http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/documents.php
                        - The writeup *must* include a time estimate.

                - Next meeting:
                    - For each assignment that has been written up,
                      we will take a vote to decide whether or not
                      to proceed.
                        - If the assignment is approved, we will put
                          it into the schedule.
                        - We will also determine if the item is
                          a "must have" or a "nice to have", based
                          on the number of tallies received for that
                          item.
                        - We'll build an overall schedule based on
                          this approach.  We'll use the "must
                          have"/"nice to have" to prioritize, if
                          needed.

    8:50-8:55  Announcements, opens
                - Please send your tallies of additional "top five"
                  requirements to the TC List by EOD 24 June 2005.

** Summary of Decisions **
--------------------------

    - No formal decisions.

** Action Required **
---------------------
    022 Don, Michael -- Put together a "self-study" tutorial/demo,
        as per JoAnn's comments regarding the DITA sessions.  Still
        pending as of 7/20/04.

    062 Eric Sirois, 10/05/04 -- provide XSLT validation for
        specialized schemas once developed (Indi recommends Jarno to
        work with him) >>> 1/25/05 -- this will be an ongoing
        project; the 1.0 spec does not depend on this.

    079 Don Day, 2/8/05 -- Ask Mary Macrae about several issues --
            - How can the public submit comments on the CD?  Can we
              get a mailing list set up?  etc.
            - What are the constraints for the final format of the
              CD?

    080 All, 2/8/05 -- Remove comments from the CD.

    081 All, 2/8/05 -- Will there be a .chm version of the CD files?

    082 All, 3/8/05 -- Submit comments to Michael Priestley on the
        Architecture Specification.

    085 Michael Priestley, 3/15/05 -- provide the HTML format as
        part of the spec (to be done after the submission).

    086 Who?, 3/15/05 -- Need to submit the committee draft 2 to the
        OASIS administration for approval.

    087 3/29/05 -- Ask JoAnn Hackos if she wants to continue
        in her role as co-Editor with Michael Priestley.

    090 Bruce Esrig, 4/26/05 -- Come up with examples of formal
        completeness issues -- e.g. features spplied to some
        elements but not all.

    091 JoAnn Hackos, 5/3/05 -- CMS interoperability document
        / questionnaire >> 6/21/05 -- not done yet.

    098 All, 6/14/05 -- At 6/21 meeting, break down the 1.1
        requirements list into "must haves" and "nice-to-haves".
        Estimate time requirements for each "must have" --
        development time and TC discussion/decision time.  Build
        schedule based on that.  We also need to determine (for each
        item) Scope, Use Case, Technical Requirements, and
        Cost/Benefit.   CLOSED, 6/21/05.  We're taking a slightly
        different approach, detailed above.

    099 All, 6/14/05 -- By 6/20, indicate which issues you want to
        volunteer for -- post to the TC list.  CLOSED, 6/21/05.

    100 All non-members, 6/21 -- If you want to be a "Member" (with
        no attendance requirements), send an email to Don, France,
        or Seraphim, and we will change your status.  You *must* be
        a "Member" or "Voting Member" if you want to participate in
        the 1.1 changes.

    101 All assignment volunteers, 6/21 -- Complete the writeups of
        your 1.1 assignments, and submit to the Drafts area of the
        Documents section of the Members Website of the TC.  Use the
        template located here --
        http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13184/IssueNumberXX%28template%29.zip

    102 Seraphim, 6/21 -- Fill in the volunteers' names on the
        Assignments List --
        http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13091/DITA-TC-1dot1PublicRequirementsWithEffort.htm

    103 (placeholder)

** Issues to be Resolved **
---------------------------
    009 "Best Practices" document -- Let's put this on the agenda
        for future discussion.

    010 Relationship between DITA and other topic-based
        architectures (such as S1000D) -- Need to incorporate this
        into the "Best Practices" document.

    012 All, 2/8/05 -- Decide how to manage incoming comments
        resulting from the Public Review of the Committee Draft.

    013 Need volunteer to find mentions of "post 1.0" deferred items
        -- need to rank by priority and difficulty) solid things for
        1.1; medium effort design work candidates for 1.2; big items
        for 2.0 in minutes (3/8/05).

    014 (3/29/05) Need list of possible "triage" criteria for
        deciding how to prioritize new requirements.  Don read
        a list of possible criteria at the 3/29/05 meeting.  To be
        discussed and resolved at the next meeting.

    015 (4/26/05) Module registry and module standardization
        process.

    016 (6/14/05) Formalize an action on Robert's DTD corrections
        list:
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200505/msg00021.html
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200505/msg00039.html

    017 (6/14/05) OASIS invitation to participate on OASIS Adoption
        Forum Program Committee

    018 (6/14/05) Certification for tool vendors who want to support
        DITA: discuss whether and how to do this (ie, for CM,
        translation, editors, tools in general) 016

    019 (placeholder for next)

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Tuesday, 28 June 2005, 08:00am to 09:00am PT
Tuesday, 05 July 2005, 08:00am to 09:00am PT

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/event.php?event_id=8028

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

Referenced Items
Date            Name                             Type