Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA 1.1 Issue # 9 (IssueNumber9.html) uploaded

I had a few thoughts/questions:

1.  If the data element provides information about its parent,
    what is the point/meaning/use case for nesting data elements?

2.  Since the data element provides information about another
    element, I wondered if it made sense to provide some kind
    of "idref-ish" attribute on the data element to allow one
    to point to the target element.  But upon reflection, I'm
    not sure it does.

3.  I could imagine having similar metadata for multiple elements,
    and you might not want to repeat the same information again.
    Would the standard conref mechanism allow one to have a data
    element that could just refer to another data element?

paul