Subject: Really two issues?

Mr. Paul Prescod added the following comment to the IssueNumber20.html document in the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC Group.

Perhaps this is really a few issues conflated into one.

Issue one is allowing new attributes on specialized elements.

Issue two is treating some attributes as filtering attributes. One can imagine hundreds of "extension attributes" that have nothing to do with filtering.

Issue three is defining standards (ditaval?) for managing conditional attributes.

Also: I feel it is very important to be able to add attributes _without_ specializing the elements that the attributes reside on. I'm not sure if you intended this.

View Document Details and Comments:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=13756

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/13756/IssueNumber20.html