Subject: RE: [dita] Proposed Issue: Recognizing DITA Documents

Hi, Paul:

Regarding

> Why not just put it on the root element always?

The outermost element of DITA content is always a map or topic. In other words, the root element for DITA content does have the architecture attribute.

On that basis, we can be confident that the following document contains a specialized DITA topics (mytopic) nested within some non-DITA content. The <mydita> element cannot be a DITA specialization.

http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"
> ditaarch:DITAArchVersion="1.0">
> </mytopic>
> </baz>